How To Play Video Poker With Your Mobile?
At almost all the mobile online casinos you will find wonderful video poker machines to play for fun or for real money and win big.
If you look back timeline of video poker then the first video poker machine was developed in the 1970s. The first machines were not very fun to play, and the first success came to this type of entertainment when SIRCOMA (Si Redd’s Coin Machines), now known as IGT (International Game Technology), presented their Draw Poker machine in 1979.
Then, video poker became popular in casinos all over the world and especially in Las Vegas. The success of Video Poker Machines evolved through the 1980s, and then, in the early 1990s, gamblers saw the first online casinos that showcased the first online Video Poker games. These worked same as the real machines, allowing to place a relatively low bet, and provide a chance for a significant win.
Today, Video Poker games are present in almost every mobile or online casino, and they offer a way higher RTP rate than regular pokies machines, and the table games. Here you have to play skillfully in order to lower the casino’s advantage to a minimum.
Video Poker Variations
There are many popular variations of Video Poker, available to play at mobile casinos and all work pretty much the same. The player gets five cards from a virtual 52-cards (53, if you’re playing a game version with a joker) deck. Depending on the hand you got, you may discard some of your cards or even all of them. If you’re discarding, the substituting cards will be dealt from the same virtual deck, and after that, the winnings are counted and paid according to the final hand.
- First, you need to choose a number of coins to bet (from 1 to 5, usually);
- Press the “deal” button to get your five random cards;
- Choose which cards to discard and which to keep. Press the “deal” button once again to get new cards in place of the ones you discarded;
- When the cards are dealt, the game calculates your winnings and pays them, usually offering a gamble feature (use a 50% chance to double your winnings or void them).
- Depending on the game version you choose, you can get a house edge of 0.5%, or even an advantage over the casino, if you play properly, which is very rare. Even if the casino has a slight advantage, it can be diminished by some promotions, comp points, and bonuses. That’s why the casinos don’t let you complete the wagering requirements for their bonuses while playing Video Poker: it’s not very profitable for them on its own.
Video Poker Combinations
All Video Poker games use the standard Poker winning combinations, as the standard paytable of the most common Video Poker game: Jacks or Better, also known as Draw Poker. The payout begins with a pair of jacks and ends with the Royal Flush. The prizes aren’t the same for all Jacks or Better games, and depend on the game manufacturer or the chosen bet.
The list of combinations might slightly vary, depending on the rules of the game, and the number of cards in a deck. Like, Joker Poker allows getting Five of a Kind combination: four cards of the same rank and a joker.
Video Poker Strategies
There are two variations of Video Poker, which are most popular among players. They slightly vary in their rules and you have to use different strategies to play them. The Video Poker strategies are usually given in the form of lists when you start to play the game, explaining whether you should discard or stand while having different hand variations. The numbers on the right represent the estimated outcome from playing the given strategy over and over again until it succeeds. These lists are sometimes called “cheat sheets,” and some players actually think that you could cheat in Video Poker, which is literally impossible.
In some variations of Poker, you can diminish a house edge to 0.5% or less, or even have an advantage over the casino, by employing proper strategies and using the complimentary bonuses given by the casino. The only thing you should remember is that even a proper strategy gives you only a statistical advantage over a large period and you can still lose in the short term.
- Jacks or Better: Jacks or Better is the most popular Video Poker game of all times, and by using a proper strategy, you can play with 0.46% house edge. The game is called Jacks or Better because the lowest winning combination is a pair of Jacks.
- Deuces Wild: Deuces Wild game, all deuces are wild, and can substitute any card to form any combination. This rule makes it a lot easier to get a winning hand, so the payouts are significantly decreased. There’s also one more combination added (Five of a Kind). In the case of Deuces Wild, you should remember Rule One: never discard a deuce.
Finally, you see that Video Poker is a very exciting game with decent RTP. It depends not only on randomness but also on skill. So you can actually affect the results of each game if you know how to play. Now pick your mobile, join an online casino or mobile casino and play poker for fun or with real money.