How to get Optus Sport App on my mobile to watch various live sports?
Optus Sport is available as an optional extra on eligible Optus plans for no extra cost, but non-Optus customers, and Optus customers who don’t have an eligible plan, can still sign up to Optus Sport, which will set you back under $15 a month. If you’re only interested in signing up for the any particular match or league finals, you can cancel at any time, but you’ll be charged for the month’s use. All the Optus Sport action can be viewed via Fetch, Apple TV, Apple Airplay, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV or Xbox, as well as via tablet, mobile, desktop or laptop.
How to get Optus Sport App on your mobile?
To get the Optus sport app you need to get a subscription with your compatible phone and an Australian app store account. Optus Sport is a month-to-month subscription and does not form any part of an Optus Plan.
- Download the app from Google Play if you are having Android smartphone. Click here to download. Requires 4.4 and up Android device.
- Download the app from iTunes store if you are having iOS iPhone. Click here to download. Requires iOS 9.0 and above compatible device.
With Optus Sport App you can watch every Premier League and UEFA Champions League match live on your mobile. Official broadcaster of UEFA Nations League, UEFA Europa League, European Qualifiers and UEFA Euro 2020 and selected matches on-demand with mini-match highlights available and 24/7 football channel, Optus Sport for $14.99 per month, no Optus plan required or can be added as an optional extra on eligible Optus plans for $0 per month.
Optus Sport is available to view on mobile, tablet and laptop across compatible Windows, iOS and Android platforms. TV screen viewing is available via your Fetch, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, XBOX One, Amazon FireTV devices.
As said above Optus Sport is available to purchase as a Premium Subscription for $14.99 per month (rolling 30-day subscription) via the Optus Sport App. The Optus Sport Premium Subscription is available to all Australian residents via App Store or Google Play store.
Optus Sport is delivered using Adaptive Bitrate Streaming technology at a resolution of up to 720p. Optus Sport will work best when you have internet bandwidth of 3Mbps or greater (7Mbps or greater for 2nd Generation Fetch boxes). Note that the use of other internet applications on the same internet connection at the same time may cause a degradation in video quality. Streaming quality is dependent on your device and service provider and on the speed of your internet connection.
- If you are Optus customer, Optus Sport can be added as an optional extra at no cost on many post-paid mobile and fixed plans (excluding home wireless broadband). You can check your eligibility here.
- If you are not an Optus customer on an eligible plan and would like access to Optus Sport, you will need to purchase the Optus Sport subscription viathe App or Google Play store for $14.99/mth.
- The Optus Sport Premium Subscription is charged monthly to your App Store or Google Play account, automatically within the 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You are free to cancel your subscription at any time. If you purchased your Premium Subscription through and App Store, you must cancel your subscription via the App Store you purchased it from (App Store or Google Play Store). Note that your subscription will continue until the end of your current 30-day billing period. Minimum subscription is one month and you will be billed for a full month unless you cancel before the monthly billing date.
Points to note when using Optus Sport App
- In case of any technical issue Optus Sport Premium Subscription customers who purchased the app via an App Store must log a case via the help and support section of the Optus Sport App.
- All Optus Sport content must be viewed in Australia and will not function if your device has been jailbroken/rooted.
- Optus customers on eligible postpaid mobile plans can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content, without using their plan’s data on the Optus Sport App. App browsing, authentication and analytics as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content.
- For Optus Prepaid Mobile and Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers who have purchased an Optus Sport subscription can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content without using their plan’s data. App browsing, authentication and analytics as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content. You’ll also need to have a positive MyData/MyAccount balance, including to access the app.
- Non-Optus Customers (Mobile and Fixed) watching Optus Sport on mobile or Wi-Fi will be charged for all the data that’s used accessing and viewing Optus Sport content.
- If you currently have Optus as your home internet provider as fixed broadband you will be charged depending on the type of plan you have. If you have an unlimited data plan then no data charges will be incurred. If you have a plan with a data allowance, like the Home Wireless Broadband with 200GB, then you can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content without using your plan’s data. App browsing, authentication and analytics, as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content
- You can have up to 4 devices registered per subscription, these can be managed in the Settings section of the website.
- Fetch viewers can watch video via the STB + 1 device at the same time.
- You can still watch Premier League games through Optus Sport App after the 18/19 season and Premier League matches from 19/20 season, 20/21 season and 21/22 season which will be available via the Optus Sport App.
- For 18/19 season, Optus is restricted to being able to show up to 290 games on demand. From 19/20 season, they will be able to make all 380 games available on demand.
- You cannot get the Optus sport app on your Windows mobile.
- SBS has the right to broadcast 1 game a week up for the remainder of this season and also 18/19 season. Optus Sport is the only place to offer all 380 games live each season on the Optus Sport App.
- For each Premier League and UEFA Champions League match Optus makes it available on-demand, there will be a corresponding mini match also available to view on-demand.