How to check your mobile plan and buy mobile data on Android?
Depending on your carrier, you could be able to buy mobile data through your Settings app on your phone. Your carrier sets the prices and choices. You use your regular payment method with your carrier.
You need to but remember that the “Mobile data plan” setting is not yet available in all regions or with all carriers.
So to check your plan, buy data & control notifications
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap Google Mobile data plan.
- To check your plan: At the top, see your current data plan status.
- To buy more data: Under “Buy data,” tap the offer you want. Then tap Buy.
- To control notifications: Under “Notifications,” turn the kinds of notifications on or off.
If you get a notification that you’re low on data, tap Add more data. Your “Mobile data plan” setting will open.
If you don’t see the “Mobile data plan” setting
Your carrier likely doesn’t work with this service you need to contact your carrier for info.
If you can’t buy mobile data through your settings app
Check that you have an existing plan with your carrier.
Also check that you have a valid payment method with your carrier.
- If your payment method is a prepaid account balance with your carrier, check your balance amount.
- If you use more than one SIM card, set the SIM card for which you want more data as your default.
Your mobile carrier lets Google show plan info to you. Google doesn’t store this data. If you buy mobile data through your Settings app, Google sends that purchase request to your carrier.
How to choose a new mobile phone plan?
When deciding on a new phone plan, the number of options can seem pretty overwhelming. There are dozens of providers, hundreds of contracts you could sign onto and promotional deals everywhere that make it impossible to know what you’re actually getting in the long term.
You can use the following three simple methods to choose a new mobile phone plan:
- Find out whether you want a new phone with your plan. If the answer is yes, you’re looking for a postpaid plan with a mobile. If not, you’re probably looking for either a prepaid or postpaid SIM only plan.
- Also if you need any particular features on your plan like free music streaming to included international calls so choose accordingly.
- Next comes your service provider. The features and extras you can expect vary from provider to provider. This way you can find the best plan according to service provider.
In this way you can choose the right mobile plan for you and it will be a lot easier and less overwhelming.
There are a couple types of mobile plans you can get:
- SIM only plans: SIM only plans as the name suggests is where you buy a SIM and provide your own phone. By default, they come as no-contract plans, making them extremely flexible, allowing you to switch to a new plan at any time. However, you can also grab SIM only plans on a contract if you’d prefer. Under the SIM only category, you have two choices of plans:
- Prepaid plans: Great for infrequent mobile users, low data customers or temporary use like traveling. You purchase all your usage ahead of time and can never be hit by excess data charges. These tend to have fewer benefits and lower monthly value compared to postpaid plans.
- Postpaid plans: These are the most common option for regular users. You’ll receive a bill at the end of every month with your flat plan fee plus the charge for any excess calls or data use. It may or may not involve a contract.
- Postpaid Plans on contract: These are postpaid plans on a contract, typically lasting for 24-36 months. During your contract term, you’ll pay your bill at the end of each month to cover off your handset repayment as well as the mobile plan you’ve chosen. No matter which plan you actually go for, the price of the handset stays the same.
All these plans are either SIM only Plans or Need a phone plan
Prepaid plans are no Contract plans and you pay for your plan at the beginning of each month
Postpaid plans are contract plans and pay for what you have used at the end of each month.
The need a phone plan comes with outright plan and a phone plan
- In the outright plan buy phone outright and buy a SIM only plan and best value option to grab a new phone.
- The phone plans are post paid contract plans with a monthly fee higher as you pay phone repayments and mobile plan.
Now find the mobile plan that suits you and go for it.