How to get the Google Pixel 2 ‘now playing’ feature on any Android?
Google new smartphone Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have many new features. This new feature in mobile will automatically identify the name of songs whenever music is playing around you. The song name shows up on your lock screen, and with a quick tap, you can learn more about the artist, purchase the song, or play the track on your favorite music streaming service.
The best way to emulate the Pixel 2 “Now Playing” functionality is with a new feature in the most popular music-identifying app. So to start, go to the Play Store and install Shazam.
Once installed, open Shazam and run through the setup process. In the middle of your display will be a massive button of the Shazam logo. Long-press the button and a popup will emerge asking if you wish to turn on Auto Shazam. Tap “Turn On” here, then Shazam will ask permission to record audio, so choose “Allow.”
Now that Auto Shazam is enabled, anytime Shazam hears music, it will identify the song and notify you when it gets a match. Though it may take few minutes, but it’s amazingly accurate when it comes to finding any song playing. This even works when your screen is off like in the Pixel 2, but it’s more consistent with the screen on and unlocked.
To see the name of any song, just tap the Shazam found notification and you’ll be taken to a page with more details. If you wish, you can create an account with Shazam which just requires an email address to save your list so that always have access to it. This provides an easy way to stream or purchase the songs Shazam has identified.
Features of the Shazam app
- You can identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists like Drake, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and others.
- There are new discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed that appear automatically.
- You can follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming.
- Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow.
- Also enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos. Preview songs and add them to Apple Music or Spotify playlists.
- Also find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world.
- You can see what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account