How Foxtel Now app works and what are the plans from Telstra?
Foxtel Now is mobile app where you can watch new TV shows, complete seasons and live sport from Australia. It is all about entertainment with Foxtell where you can stream 11,00 hours of shows and movies on demand as well as Live TV. You can watch these streaming videos on your mobile or tablet, PC or Mac computers, Chromecast, Telstra TV, on Playstation4 and other devices. With 80 live Foxtel channels from your Foxtel subscription your choice of sports, new movies, new shows and complete seasons from Australia and around the world on your device this app.
Foxtel Now includes live TV, so you’ll be able to watch each episode as it airs live at 11am (AEST) on Mondays, and stream it on demand shortly after.
Features of this app include
- Stream in HD via Chromecast
- Stream on demand and live TV
- Kids section
- Continue watching
- Trending (what’s popular)
- Suggested (based on what you watch)
- Pause and rewind up to 30 minutes
Devices compatible to this app are iPad2 or above, iPhone 4 and above with iOS 8 and above. For Androids all mobiles and tablets are compatible with Jelly bean 4.1 and above. The Foxtel app has been tested on a range of devices from leading manufacturers including Samsung, Sony, Acer, HTC, Motorola and LG. Foxtel app is optimised for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
If you’re not sure which version of the Android operating system (OS) you have:
- Open the Settings menu (usually represented with a cog symbol) on your device.
- Select ‘About device’
- You’ll see the version number listed under the Android version header
How to get started
First download the Foxtel Now free app on your smartphone from apps store be it Google or iOS according to your device.
You’ll need to be a Foxtel customer and have a Foxtel My Account number Foxtel ID. The Foxtel app is only available to Foxtel customers and excludes Foxtel Now subscribers.
Try the app free for two weeks and after that you need to pay for this streaming app
You need to sign up to the free trial when you register online. If you find Foxtel Now isn’t for you, simply cancel online through My Account before the end of the trial period and your account will be removed.
At the end of your free trial, your billing period will automatically start based on the pack(s) you choose. The charge will be debited to you nominated card monthly depending on the pack(s) you have chosen.
The monthly Foxtel Now service fees will be charged to your nominated card in advance based on the package you select when signing up and it will commence the day after your trial period ends.
The price of one programming pack costs $10 per month or a full month pack. You can pay with yoir mobile by using MasterCard or Visa credit card.
Since 5th June 2017, 13th Street, Binge, Syfy, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, Lifestyle You, Style, World Movies, CNN, Smooth, BBC World News, CNBC, Max, CMC, Eurosport News, Foxtel Arts, MTV Music and MTV Dance became no longer available on Foxtel Now. To see what the packages now look like, go here.
This app is available to Foxtel Residential Cable & Satellite customers with an STU, excluding Optus TV feat Foxtel customers. You must subscribe to a channel (or relevant tier) in your subscription to access content available from that channel. Not all channels/content available on all Foxtel Go devices and the video quality may vary according to 3G/4G and WiFi service.
Games of Throne Season 7 and Foxtel
If you are fan of Game of Thrones and waiting to to find out who dies next in George R.R. Martin’s murder fiesta without resorting to piracy then do so in Foxtel Now as Foxtel’s revamped streaming service – is probably the easiest way to watch Game of Thrones in Australia. The packages including Game of Thrones – Pop or Drama which are billed at $15 per month and there’s no lock in contracts. Since season seven has seven episodes, you’re looking at $30 in subscription fees.
It is however worth noting that Foxtel is only adding the a high definition copy of new episodes to Foxtel Now on the Tuesday after they air. If you’re watching the online simulcast, you’ll get 720p, but if you’re trying to stream on demand before Tuesday, you’ll only have access to a standard definition copy.
Foxtel and Telstra
Telstra have four awesome packages that gives you the widest choice of the world’s best shows, movies and live sport across your TV, tablet and mobile. Also find the flexibility to change your package once a month to suit your needs.
- Entertainment package: Offers over 45 channels including drama, lifestyle, docos, kids, news and more.
- Entertainment and Sports package: This pack also covers over 45 channels including drama, lifestyle, docos, kids, news and more plus coverage of over 40 different sports across 15 sports channels.
- Entertainment, Sports, Drama and Movie package: Find all the inclusions of the Entertainment + Sport Package plus with the latest new shows and greatest boxsets from around the world with 6 dedicated drama channels OR The complete movie experience at your fingertips with 10 dedicated channels.
- Premium HD Package- The premium entertainment experience with all 8 channels packages including HD – over 90 unique channels and over 35 available in HD Free standard installation (normally $100) Foxtel Kids App is a dedicated app for kids on mobiles and tablets (iOS & Android) aged between 2 to 12 years to provide a safer space to watch kids content.
- $ 26 per month for a year with Min cost $489 includes $100 standard installation, $75 iQ2 box and $2 Pre-Paid SIM
- $ 40 per month for a year – after the first 12 months, you will roll over onto a $55/mth month to month subscription- Min cost $657.03 includes $100 standard installation, $75 iQ2 box, $2 Pre-Paid SIM and a 1c per channel per year charge also applies for Chelsea TV, MUTV and LFCTV
- $55 per month for a year- after the first 12 months, you will roll over onto a $75/mth month to month subscription- Min cost $837.03 includes $100 standard installation, $75 iQ2 box, $2 Pre-Paid SIM and a 1c per channel per year charge also applies for Chelsea TV, MUTV and LFCTV.
- $99 per month and after 12 month discount, you will roll over onto a $137/mth month to month subscription. Min cost $101.03 includes standard installation and iQ2 box at no additional cost, $2 Pre-Paid SIM and a 1c per channel per year charge also applies for Chelsea TV, MUTV and LFCTV.