Do you know one of the leading financial providers of Australia who has won the best App awards of the year 2014-15- The Money Magazine’s Best Innovative Banking App for the year 2015 and Canstar innovation excellence winner 2014? We are talking about CommBank Mobile Banking App.
Yes, here to mention is the Commonwealth bank also known as CommBank. It provides monetary services and products like retail, premium, and business. Also, institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share-broking to 1.9 mobile banking users.
Nowadays as mobile banking is the trend in all financial transactions and dealings. Banking Apps are a necessity where one can have secure easy-to-access banking on the move. You can check your account balances, transfer your funds, or pay any of your business clients or friend. All this you can do by just entering their mobile number or email address. You can make contactless payments with your phone and get cash from an ATM using just the app. All this and much more in the CommBank App.
CommBank Mobile Banking App Features
- You can set a 4-digit PIN for faster log on
- Quickly check your balance with a simple swipe
- Pay anyone, with their mobile number, email address, account or BPAY details
- Transfer between your accounts instantly
- Schedule payments and transfers and see what future transactions are coming up
- Send money overseas via IMT
- Set payment locks to control how your credit card gets used
- Activate new cards or change your card PIN
- Lock and cancel missing credit cards or replace a damaged card
- Withdraw up to $500 cash without your card at most CommBank ATMs by tapping Cardless Cash
- Make contactless purchases wherever MasterCard® PayPass™ is accepted using a CommBank PayTag
- Find your nearest CommBank or Bankwest ATM or branch
- Use the CommBank app on your Apple Watch to check account balances. Find your nearest ATM or make Cardless Cash withdrawals.
What you require to get access to CommBank App
- You need to have an Australian mobile number
- Use NetBanking
- Register for NetCode SMS.
- To register yourself visit www.netbank.com.au
Where to Get this App
- You can get this free App from the iTunes or Google Play Store
- CommBank App is compatible with iPhones operating iOS 7 and above and Android Smartphones
Few Things to Note
- Recipients of payments via mobile, Facebook and email need an Australian bank account to claim.
- Subject to network provider coverage other conditions and fees apply.
- A one-off purchase price of $2.99 applies for the PayTag.
- To use CommBank app on your Apple Watch, the paired iPhone must be operating iOS 8.2 or above.
- The CommBank app comes with a 100% Security Guarantee. It means you will be covered for any loss should someone make an unauthorised transaction on your account using the app. Provided you protect your phone and PIN and immediately notify Commonwealth bank of your loss, theft or misuse, and of any suspicious activity on your accounts.
- If you opt for the CommBank app Push notifications alert you will receive important banking or product information. It will include NetCode Notifications, payments received changes in your account balance or personal offers.
- CommBank app NetCode Notifications sends you a one-time security code whenever you make certain transaction types in NetBank. Delivery via the CommBank app means you can now receive your NetCode when you’re overseas without roaming but have a Wi-Fi connection.
What is New in the Commbank App?
Machine learning has been widely used to develop a system of ‘smart alerts’ that tell customers key information. Like as credit card payments falling due, overdrawn accounts, and high-cost transactions such as a credit card cash advance.
Other features include a ‘goal tracker’ that will encourage customers to save regularly by setting weekly targets.
‘Cash flow view’ and ‘spend tracker’ helps users itemise their transactions and have a clear breakdown of how they spend their money.
The ‘regular payments’ feature is there to show all recurring payments. Such as subscriptions and recurring bills, designed to help customers identify savings opportunities.
The Commbank app works with Centrelink
At the launch of the app, Angus Sullivan and Chief Digital Officer Pete Steel suggested that the technology powering the app could even end Centrelink’s ‘Robodebt’ collection.
That would be nice but at the moment what Commbank does offer is help to find benefits, rebates and concession payments that you might be eligible for.