Casino Newbie-Adventure Begins
I like to think of the world as a sort of a casino, except the house doesn’t have the advantage. If you’re smart, you have an advantage. It behoves you to place a lot of bets. -Evan Williams
Casino, does this sounds like a keynote to a piano! The word ‘Casa’ in Italian means house or a cottage. It was in 19th century that it was renamed as ‘Casino’. It is believed that earlier people used to get together, socialize, party and also play games in those gatherings at their house. Where games were played for fun and winners had a treat. Yes played games! From here it originated to gaming in totality.
- Casino entered the English language officially in 1851.
- The history of casino, gambling and such games does not belong to one country.
- Las Vegas and Nevada in the United States are considered as the gambling capital of the world.
- Casinos are most commonly built near or combined with hotels, restaurants, retail shopping, cruise ships or other tourist attractions.
- Worldwide limit gambling to persons over the age of 16 to 21 years of age in most countries to permit the operation of casinos.
- Customers gamble by playinggames of chance, in some cases with an element of skill, such as ‘craps’, ‘roulette’, ‘baccarat’, ‘blackjack’, and ‘video poker’.
- Most games played have mathematically determinedodds that ensure the house has at all times an overall advantage over the players. This can be expressed more precisely by the notion of expected value, which is uniformly negative (from the player’s perspective). This advantage is called the house edge.
- In games such as poker where players play against each other, the house takes a commission called the‘rake’. Casinos sometimes give out complimentary items or comps to gamblers.
- ‘Payout’is the percentage of funds (“winnings”) returned by players.
- Video Lottery Machines (slot machines) have become one of the most popular form of gambling in casinos.
Online casinos can be divided into two groups based on their interface: web-based and download-only casinos. Some casinos offer both interfaces.
Web-based online casinos
- You do not need software to download for playing online.
- Games are mainly represented in the browser plug-in, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Shockwave, or Java and require browser support for these plug-in.
- Bandwidth is needed since all graphics, sounds and animations are loaded through the web via the plug-in.
- Apple devices such as iPod, iPad and iPhone cannot play Flash games as the technology is not supported.
Download-based online casinos
- Download-based online casinos require the download of the software in order to play.
- Casino software connects to the casino service provider and handles contact without browser support.
- Run faster than web-based online casinos since the graphics and sound programs are cached by the software client.
In this series of articles we will be talking about different casinos, bonus offers and game vitiations. and guide you through every aspects of online casino gambling and teach you from your first step to everything you need to know to begin your casino session.
We will teach you how to download, install and sign up; how to find the best bonus deals; how a progressive jackpot works; where you find secure online casinos, and much more.
All you need to do is go through the series of articles starting here. Study the articles and you will soon be prepared for your first online casino adventure.