How to Add Blockbuster Special Effects to your Smartphone Videos?
These days we add special effects to all of the images, photos, and selfies on smartphones. Though many of such filters that give special effects are embedded on most phones by default there are hundreds of apps available at app stores that help us work more on these special effects. You can create realistic-looking animations, funny magazine covers and e-cards. Also, there are many high-quality templates available for you to choose from and apply to your photos. Find out how to add blockbuster special effects to your videos.
Similarly, there are apps that help you add blockbuster special effects to your videos with your smartphone. This gives the videos a professional look and feels with amazing effects like showing a dinosaur stampeding through your scene or creating a fantasy world and much more. Here are five such apps that will help you add these special effects to your smartphone videos.
Five apps for Special effects
This is the perfect app for both Android and iOS smartphones which led you to add Hollywood FX to smartphone movies that you have shot. This app lets you star in your films.
Star wars updates include 7 exclusive FX created by the same artists that made the feature films: Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound!
All you need is to select a scene like “ALIEN BURST,” film a target and this app adds an Alien bursting out of anything in your movie or video.
The features of this app include
- Free star wars FX: BB-8 Spark
- Get 7 free Big-Budget FX! Bombing Run, Spider Strike, Avalanche, Missile attack, Car Smash,
- Demolition Rock and rough terrain.
- Get VFX by Industrial, Light & Magic!
- Sound Design By Skywalker Sound!
- With Fast, Automated Video Tracking!
- More Music, Sound FX and Lens Flares!
You can download this app from app stores be it Google Play or iTunes all free. This app offers in-app purchases for more action packs to buy at the cost of AU$ 1.49. You need iOS 7.0 or later and Android 4.0.3 and up to run this app.
2. FX Guru
With this app you can create fiery explosions, falling satellites, even invading alien armies video special effects and more. FxGuru’s Movie FX Director offers groundbreaking features for you to scare, impress or even hoax your friends.
You can create and share your Hollywood-caliber scenes instantly, and add cinematic filters for drama and suspense. Direct like a pro by using our MotionMatch technology and virtual decals to add realistic movement while filming. In total there are over 90 video special effects to use.
Features of this app
- Scare the world by filming a ghost bride haunting your hallway
- Create an elaborate hoax by recording an alien UFO invasion or Bigfoot in your backyard
- Clear space in your driveway by destroying that old car with a drone strike and massive explosion
- Add Horror and Terror ghosts, zombies, werewolves, skeletons, madmen and more
A huge variety of free and paid effects are available, but you have in-app purchases as well. A nuclear explosion pack costs AU$ 1.49 and a horror pack costs AU$4.49. This app is free to download at app stores for iOS (7.1 and over)and (2.3 up) mobiles.
This is a wonderful app to edit your videos and add special effects. You can drop in everything from tornadoes to blood splatter to grenade bangs, and it gives you quite a few free effects to play around with before you have to pay for any additional visuals. This app focuses more on natural or man-made effects, so you’ll find fewer marauding monsters and flying spaceships.
Features of this app
- You can edit your video
- Preview your work, apply effects in real-time, no waiting, no loading, nothing!
- Find different canvas and resolution options: Up to 1080p FULL HD resolution!
- Add and animate text on video with over 50 professional fonts and colours
- Add special FX with explosions, tornadoes, light effects, glitches, and magic spells. Enrich your videos by adding fun special effects and video overlays.
- Add music sound effects and voice over
- Apply cinematic filters, overlays and other adjustment tools.
- Add overlay images and vector Artwork to your videos
- Search and mix in free stock videos to your movies
- Be social and share the video with your friends.
Have this app free to download from the app store for iOS with 9.0 compatible phones and Android devices with in-app purchases if you wish to have more effects.
4. VideoFX Live
It is an app that offers to overlay colourful filters on top of live footage before you share it. Think of it like shooting footage through your favourite Instagram filter. Whether you’re trying to make your movie look like it was filmed in the 1950s, or you want an instant psychedelic dream effect, VideoFX Live can help you.
To use you just open the app, choose your filter, and start shooting and make your videos about 1,000 times more fun.
Features of this app
- Easy to use just press and record
- Select from Thousands of effects before, during, or after recording.
- Shoot multiple scenes. Just stop to change locations, then resume recording the new scene.
- Create reversed “backwards” clips, act along with “clones” of yourself, move in slow-mo & fast forward, and make awesome stop motion and green screen effects.
- Share videos with family and friends through direct uploads to YouTube and Facebook. A great way to make Instagram Videos too!
Download this free app from the app store for Android (2.3.3 and up) and iOS (9.0) smartphones. This app has in-app purchases to get more effects like Motion Madness Effects cost AU$2.99
VideoShow provides a complete video editing package, with effects as an added bonus. In addition to special effects, you can add narration, music tracks, text titles, and pre-packaged themes for your videos. The app can also trim, rotate, and zoom in on specific scenes. The app has received numerous honours in the app markets and has gained more than 2,000,000 five-star ratings. It was also included in the list of Best Video Editors.
Features in the app
- You can even beautify your videos with texts, FX effects, GIFs, stickers, multi-music, photo filters, transitions, sound effects or live dubbing, and most anything you want in a creative and personalized way.
- Get over 50 elaborate themes available to create an awesome music video instantly.
- Hundreds of pieces of background music are available for you or add local songs from your device.
- A variety of text styles and fonts to create artistic subtitles are available in this movie maker app.
- Add stunning filters to make videos different. Now 30+ filters are supported!
- Easy sharing of your videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Google+, Vine, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, Line, VK, Kik, Vimeo, Wechat, etc.
- You can also reduce the size of your video by compressing it.
Download this free app from app stores be it iTunes (iOS8.0) or Google Play (varies with device) but there are in-app purchases like other apps and cost from AU$2.99
Besides these five best ones there are other such apps that will help you add blockbuster special effects to your smartphone videos which are available at app stores.